Monday, June 21, 2010

Already Done



















Already Done

How do i change Lord?
How do i make the turn
I know I need to make?

How do I leave it here Lord
at the foot of your cross
for you to take?

I don't know how to be rid of
this sin that keeps me from your love
but I know if I wanna grow
I gotta give it to you, and let it go.

I know you say to turn away
Don't look back, just leave it lay
Keep your eyes on me and you'll be free...

but here i am in chains again
drowning in the waves of my own sin
i took my eyes off of you
and sank right back into...
sank back into me.

I get down on my knees
and ask you Lord to make it right.
Forgive me please,
forgive me Jesus
one more time.

Hold onto me.
Pull me back and don't let go.
Rescue me!
Jesus save my soul.

'Cause here i am in chains again
drowning in the waves of my own sin
i took my eyes off of you
and sank right back into,
sank back into me....into me.

I need more of You and less of me
Cause I can't change on my own
You can set this sinner free
By Your power alone.
_______________________________________

I can do all things, through Him who gives me strength....
I can do all things, through Him who gives me strength....
______________________________________

You said it was finished
as you bowed your head and hung.
I can't change by myself
but with you...

It's already done.
Thank you Jesus,
it's already done.

~Dan Elliott 6.18.10

No comments:

Post a Comment