Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Acknowledge Him....Today

In John 7:13 I ran across something interesting this morning.

Here was Jesus making these waves, having this tremendous impact on the world. He was causing a crazy amount of buzz, but nobody would talk about him publicly, because they were afraid. There were only whispers.
Noone had the courage, the heart, or the passion to stand up for Christ and acknowledge Him before men. In their day, they could have been beaten, excommunicated from the church, even arrested.
Here we are today. Brandon, South Dakota. We have every right under the sun, and no law or authority against us for passing on His message...If they had no eternal excuse to fear back then, what is our excuse today?

Here is 1 commentary I found that was perfect for this day, to which I will only add a few parenthesis:
Everyone was talking about Jesus! But no one said a word. All were afraid. Fear can stifle our witness. Although many people talk about Christ in church, when it comes to making a public statement about their faith, they are often embarrassed. (Will that be our only excuse? How pathetically weak will that answer sound, standing in front of Christ, looking into His eyes, as we give our account. Can you see it playing out in your mind?
"Would they have beaten you?"
No, Sir.
"Would they have arrested you?"
No, Sir.
"Would they have killed you?"
No, Sir.
"Then Why didn't you acknowledge me before them?"
.....I just thought it might be embarrassing, you know, a little awkward, people would have been staring at me, and you know... they wouldn't include me anymore maybe, possibly, if I were to talk like that.....)

Jesus says this: "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. (Mat 10:32).
Be courageous! (Today!) Speak up for Christ! (Today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment